Yesterday I was blessed to spend my morning…early afternoon with amazing ESP advocates! The ESP Council had our April meeting where we organized and planned for ESPs around the state.
- One Conference Planning-we are still looking for presenters/topics. October 1-2nd virtual conference. Please fill out an RFP to present at this years virtual conference. The deadline to submit is April 30th. Click here for more information.
- ESP Resolution -HR77-Sponsored by Rep Jennifer Gong-Gershowitz passed unanimously out of committee. Waiting for vote on the house floor. Resolution seeking to find solutions to salary parity, quality professional development and access to health benefits for ESP members
- ESP FMLA-Has moved out of the House, and will head to the Illinois Senate.
- ESP Dues Discussion-IEA executive board has created a new sub-committee, Bylaw Article 3 Section 3. Myself and Tammy F also on the ESP Council, has applied and have great hopes to be on this committee to advocate for a by-laws change on how ESP dues are calculated.
- Star Award-We have had 11 fabulous ESPs nominated since February. Nominate a deserving ESP in your local. Click here for more information.
- Future ESP Council dates are set. August 21t 2021, November 13th 2021, February 26th 2022, April 23rd 2022, June 11th 2022
- Don’t miss our next Roundtable discussion April 24th 10-11:30am. Topic-IEA RA, NEA ESP Conference, NEA Leadership Summit Wrap up.
- Planning ahead to our May Roundtable celebration
Click to download for information on how to join our next roundtable discussion.