New Beginnings: Planning Big Change!
This new initiative is member driven and IEA staff supported. The success of our campaign will depend upon the strength of our voice. We need to grow our numbers so that when we call members to ACTION to contact their state lawmakers…we can flood their phones and emails with support for our goals.
RESPECT | Raising Education Support Professionals by Elevating Careers Together:
is a statewide effort by ESPs, with the support of IEA staff, to improve working conditions by focusing on five areas:
- Wages – A minimum salary, fair substitute teaching compensation and unemployment insurance
- Health insurance – Affordable health insurance for the currently employed and the retired
- Pensions – Making the Tier 2 pension system equitable for all education employees
- Retention and recruitment – Tuition reimbursement, Grow Your Own Teacher from ESP to certified, paid family leave and licensing fees relief
- Job duties – Quality job-related professional development, “hold harmless” language for assigned duties, appropriate access to IEPs and suitable job duties for ESPs