Thursday, September 10, 2020 | 7:00pm – 8:00pm EST
This training will offer simple healing skills for self-care and for promoting health and wellbeing for Educational Support Professionals (ESPs). The program was developed by Capacitar International for work with schools and educators in the U.S. and in other countries around the world. Based on popular education and energy-based methods, the Capacitar practices empower people to deal with traumatic stress, to stabilize and balance strong emotions and to awaken their own healing process. This workshop will include opportunities to practice and apply various healing methods. These methods can be used by all educators, families, and others in the community.
By the end of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Recognize signs of trauma and stress in students, colleagues, family members and oneself;
- Demonstrate eight basic Capacitar practices for self-care and for alleviating stress and the symptoms of trauma;
- Apply methods of protection with oneself/others;
- Understand Capacitar’s popular education and holistic approach for healing trauma and stress; and
- Adapt the practices to different cultures.
Patricia Cane, PhD, Capacitar Founder/Director
Joan Condon, MA, Capacitar Special Projects Coordinator
Sheila Grady, MSEd, Capacitar Board, Retired Educator