We have three webinars scheduled specifically for education support professionals. Join us as we discuss important issues, learn how we are advocating for members, and celebrate the amazing things that you do every day. Click the links below to register.
- Scheduling ESP Council virtual meeting/Roundtables:
- February 25, 2023 RESPECT Campaign/Sub Certification and the impact on IMRF
- April 3 IEA RA Recap/RESPECT Campaign
- May 6, 2023 10am-11am Respect Campaign/ESP Celebrations
- Upcoming council meetings
- April 15, 2023 – Springfield PDC
- June 3, 2023 – Naperville Office
RESPECT | Raising Education Support Professionals by Elevating Careers Together is a statewide effort by ESPs, with the support of IEA staff, to improve working conditions by focusing on four areas:
Wages – A minimum salary, fair substitute teaching compensation and unemployment insurance
Health insurance – Affordable health insurance for the currently employed and the retired
Pensions – Making the Tier 2 pension system equitable for all education employees
Retention, recruitment and job duties – Tuition reimbursement, Grow Your Own Teacher from ESP to certified, paid family leave, licensing fees relief, quality job-related professional development, “hold harmless” language for assigned duties, appropriate access to IEPs and suitable job duties for ESPs.