What is rESPect?
RESPECT | Raising Education Support Professionals by Elevating Careers Together is a statewide effort by ESPs, with the support of IEA staff, to improve working conditions by focusing on five areas:
- Wages – A minimum salary, fair substitute teaching compensation and unemployment insurance
- Health insurance – Affordable health insurance for the currently employed and the retired
- Pensions – Making the Tier 2 pension system equitable for all education employees
- Retention and recruitment – Tuition reimbursement, Grow Your Own Teacher from ESP to certified, quality professional development, paid family leave and licensing fees relief
- Job duties – Quality job-related professional development, “hold harmless” language for assigned
duties, appropriate access to IEPs and suitable job duties for ESPs