What does RESPECT look like to an education support professional? Over the past almost two years as ESP Council chair I’ve heard from many ESPs from across the state and from what I’ve heard RESPECT means:
- Earning a livable wage where ESPs don’t have to work multiple jobs just to pay their bills
- Having good affordable health insurance
- Having a solid pension for when they retire
- Benefits that retain and recruit employees like quality job related professional development, tuition reimbursement, paid family leave and licensing fees relief
- Job duties that are relevant to their job description, having a voice at every table, and acknowledgement that what you do truly matters!
Get ready! RESPECT is coming!! Be on the lookout for more information coming soon!