Please read the information below about the new FCC Emergency Broadband Benefit Program. The application process opened on May 12, 2021. Please share widely and share with the families on your school communities.
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) announced the availability of the FCC Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) Program, which provides a temporary discount on monthly broadband bills for qualifying low-income consumers. Eligible households can enroll through an approved broadband service provider or by visiting the GetEmergencyBroadband.org site. The application process opened on May 12, 2021, and eligible households can receive:
· Up to a $50-per-month discount on your broadband service and associated equipment rentals
· A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer (with a co-payment of more than $10 but less than $50).
Only one monthly service discount and one device discount are allowed per household. Program rules acknowledge that there may be more than one eligible household residing at the same address.
Additional information about the EBB Program is available in this Overview Module. Help in applying for the program is available from the Emergency Broadband Support Center by emailing EBBHelp@usac.org or calling (833) 511-0311.
Apply Early! The EBB Program will end when funds are exhausted or 6 months after the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services declares an end to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) health emergency, whichever is sooner.
Webinar with sign language: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga9a2E77Rog
Sample Awareness Campaign Content
- Infographic (PDF; Hi-res PNG | Spanish: PDF; Hi-res PNG)
- Newsletter Blurb (Word | Spanish)
- Press Release (Word)
- Twitter and Facebook Posts (Word | Spanish)
- Fact Sheet (8 1/2″ x 11″ Word; PDF | Spanish: Word; PDF)
- Slide Presentation (PowerPoint | PDF)
- Flyer I (8 1/2″ x 11″ PDF; Hi-res PNG | Spanish: PDF; Hi-res PNG)
- Flyer II (8 1/2″ x 11″ PDF; Hi-res PNG | Spanish: PDF; Hi-res PNG)
- Poster (8 1/2″ x 11″ PDF; Hi-res PNG | Spanish: PDF; Hi-res PNG)
- Consumer Handout (9″ x 5″ PDF | Spanish)
- Consumer Handout (4″ x 5″ two-sided PDF | Spanish)
- Consumer Handout (4″ x 5″ one-sided PDF | Spanish)
- Audio PSA (MP3; Script in Word | Spanish; Texto)
- Tribal Benefit PSA (MP3)
- Overview Videos (English | Spanish | ASL)
Consumer handouts and the fact sheet are also available in Arabic, Amharic, Burmese, Chinese (Traditional), French, Haitian Creole, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Somali, Tagalog, and Vietnamese.