For the last 11 years, the NEA ESP Leaders for Tomorrow (LFT) program has supported the development of nearly 200 ESP leaders in 45 states across the country. The LFT program has been instrumental in helping ESP members acquire skills and confidence to lead at the local level. Many program graduates have even stepped into state or national leadership positions. This strength and success has seeded a desire to expand its positive impact. To accomplish this, we’re happy to announce Leaders for Tomorrow will be restructured to reach and develop an increasingly growing body of ESP leaders.
The redesign effort will commence in Spring 2018 and progress towards five important outcomes, all designed to assure growth and strength of ESP and their affiliates:
- quality and impact for ESP participants,
- deep and deliberate connections with local affiliates,
- alignment with NEA Leadership Competencies,
- increased number of annual participants, and
- strategic engagement and activism of LFT alumni.
Applications for the next cohort of Leaders for Tomorrow will open shortly after the redesign is complete. Check back for updates!